Little Bethlehem Apostolic Faith Church, Inc.
Florence E. Wilkins
* 1966, one of six children who preceded her mother into the water to be baptized in Jesus name.
* First Sunday in October 1982, baptized with the Holy Ghost.
* Received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Early Childhood Education from St. Augustine’s College, Raleigh, North Carolina in May 1978 and was also commissioned a second lieutenant in the United States Army at the same time.
* Served honorably for ten years in the Adjutant General Corps (Personnel Administration and Management) of the United States Army.
* While serving, she also earned her masters in Education Administration and Supervision in 1982 from Alabama A & M University in Normal, Alabama.
* With the Lord having a call on her life for the ministry, she resigned her commission in 1988 and became more active in the church.
* In the fall of 1988, she began teaching in Edgecombe County Public Schools for nine years, served as middle school assistant principal for five years, elementary school principal for two years, and is currently serving as an elementary assistant principal.
* Her son, Patrick Dale Wilkins, born August 23, 1974, was called home to be with the Lord on June 20, 2003. She has one grandson, Patrick Justin Wilkins and daughter-in-law, Nina.
* Evangelist Wilkins’ spiritual growth continued during these same years under the leadership of Pastor Minnie Wilkins (mother and pastor).
* She received her local minister’s license from the Pentecostal Churches of the Apostolic Faith, Inc (P.C.A.F.), Inc. in 1991.
* She is a 1999 graduate of the Evangelical Teacher Training Course.
* She was made assistant pastor and in 1999 received her ordination credentials.
* December 2, 2006, installed as Pastor of Little Bethlehem.
Pastor Wilkins continues to serve the Church faithfully. “I count myself blessed to be found worthy as a good steward of the word of God and the work of the ministry. May the Lord continue adding to the church such as should be saved.”